2016年2月13日星期六

Clay Day

Clay Day

Landscape
A scene I saw once in 2012 in the autumn of Bavarian

An object
A crystal ball with a home inside

A person
Thomas Mann, whose concepts about aesthetic once had a great impact on me

Barbara Hepworth
A Sculpturer

“I remember the moving through the landscape with my father in his car, and the hills were sculptures. The roads defined the forms. There was the sensation of moving physically over the fullness of the moor and through the hollows and slopes of peaks and dales, feeling, seeing, touching, through the mind, the eye and the hand.
The touch and texture of things. Sculpture, rock, myself and the landscape.
This sensation has never left me, the sculpter, am the landscape.”

I am the landscape.

Try to find out some adjectives to describe texture and textiles of the landscape. Try to touch them. Feel them. Use memories to re-sculpt the landscape. Try to make yourself a part of the landscape.

My first piece of the landscape

culpture, rock, myself and the landscape.
This sensation has never left me, the sculpter, am the landscape.”

I am the landscape.

Task 1. Try to find out some adjectives to describe texture and textiles of the landscape. Try to touch them. Feel them. Use memories to re-sculpt the landscape. Try to make yourself a part of the landscape.

My first piece of the landscape: Soft, furry, grandiose, fresh

Task 2. Repeat the first step. Make an object.
A toy of a wooden house. Rough, small, cozy, idyllic

Task 3. Put the photo of the person in front of yourself. Make a 3d version according to this 2d photo.
Task 4Make a copy of the 3d version of the person above.

Task 5:Draw the sculptures you have made. Think about the perspective, angle texture, tone, color, shadow.
Redraw the sculpture in order to explore the visual possibilities based on my own artwork.
An example Henry Moore

We have finished a procedure of turning our 2D photos into 3d sculptures and into 2d again. We have already distanced our creations from the original photos to our own drawings

Task 6: Color the sculpture according to the drawings

Task 7: Make a partner for you person
A MAN YOUNGER THAN THE ORIGINAL PERSON WITH A PIPE IN HIS MOUTH 
Task 7. Make a product out of one of the artworks you have just made.
I made it into a container that people can put some small stuffs into.
The container is the big belly of this indoor writer with his hand surrounding this belly to convey a sense of humour.


Task 10. Take a selfie with your artworks! The relationship between artworks and artists can be very subtle. Sometimes what we drew could be like us. Photos can be records of these sort of relationships.
E.g. Barbara Hepworth

So my photo
He disliked me

All back into 2d again!

It gave us an opportunity to experience a breakthrough of our ways of thinking to transfer concrete 2d images into 3d stuffs and then again into more abstract 2d drawings again.


Some of the others’ works

没有评论:

发表评论