2016年11月7日星期一

Course Project Journal 3 : A Reflection on the Direction and Perspective my outcome will take

I am now looking back to my whole research process now.
-       I read theories of psychoanalysis,
-       transitional object theories from Playing and Realities,
-       explorations and imaginations of space from The Poetics of Space etc.
-       I did some short story and plot drawings based on those theories intuitively. Now it’s time to think over what kind of story I am going to tell my audience.
Who will be my audience?
Children? Then my stories should be simple for them to understand at least on the surface level.
For both children and parents? Still be simple but meanwhile readable for parents.
While I was digging deeper into all those theories, I found I had some different perspectives to interpret or understand my own childhood experience. I guess I will improve the capacity of meanings of my story, so it might be complex and more suitable for adults and could help with parents’ reflection on their experiences in both parenting and own childhood.
I assume I am going to this conclusion: I will write a story whose audience would be adults (parents) and present the progress of growing up and the reflections on that process.
At the next level I decide to write stories intuitively. That means I will let the story happen naturally. I want some unconscious creations instead of a boring empty structure, where every vehicle has a corresponding tenorbuilt up on those theories. I will think over the storytelling techniques (connected with the approach like drawing, silouhette, sequential 3D scenes etc. I will use to present it) The empty space and blocks I found from the kinetic workshop could be a good potential for narratives. The stories will be based on experiences instead of theories.

But what matters now is the STORY, the STORYBOARDING AND DEVELOPMENT. I will find some inspirations for the storytelling from readings, through object-making and playing etc.

没有评论:

发表评论