2016年4月29日星期五

Pick me UP!


I was looking again at the possibilities and definitions of the disciplinary "illustration" in terms of the British market and the market culture. Illustrations can be drawings, picture books, storytelling, explorations of games, studies about layout, typography and graphic design, costume making, ceramics, and object of all the materials I can recall. 









Playful character designs using contemporary materials


I am very fond of the approaches, the marks, the colours and the textures this illustrator used to depict her feelings and reflections about the landscape surrounding her. The textures she experimented with on wood was another inspiration for me about recording landscape and my own feelings.




An approach to depict and explore the possibilities of storytelling and the space of scenes: several layers of wooden figures were combined together to discuss the relationships among different characters.




Costume making! THAT is a weakness in my learning. The models were built up on the cupboard.



Wooden and ceramics models can both be toys and tools for character design. To some extent the texture and the colours can show the characteristics of the character or the toys and feelings I wish to lend to the figure



Typography and Layout

没有评论:

发表评论